This was Society leader George Rapp’s second home in Economy.
Completed in 1826. it was considered to be an elegant residence, compared with other members' homes.
It was in this house that Rapp met and entertained important visitors. He furnished it with objects purchased in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, as well as with furniture and textiles made by the Society.
Father Rapp lived in the house with his wife Barbara, daughter Rosina. daughter-in-law Johanna, and granddaughter Gertrude.
|Return to Map|