Store & Post Office (Site 9)




Built in 1826, the Economy Store and Post Office were housed in this building.

Here non-members could buy Harmonist produced goods, post and pick up mail, or sell wool or other items from their own farms.

The store also carried goods from around the country and abroad, such as sugar, tea, dishes, and glassware.

Return to Map